1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
½ yellow onion, diced
½ pack cremini mushrooms, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1-2 C spinach, chopped
1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from can)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 chicken sausage links, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel sweet potato and dice into ½” cubes. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven until cooked and slightly browned, ~25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° for the frittata.
- Dice onion and pepper, then sauté with the mushrooms with olive oil. Set veggies aside to cool. If adding precooked chicken sausage links, no need to sauté. If using raw chicken sausage, you can use the same pan to cook.
- Beat eggs. Once the other ingredients are all cooled, add to egg mixture with the coconut milk, spinach, nutmeg, and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into 12” cast iron pan and cook on the stovetop at medium-low heat until the edges start to cook, ~3-5 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Transfer to oven and cook another 12 minutes. Cut into the middle, if eggs are runny, cook a few more minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting.
You can precook all the vegetables in advance. Feel free to use any you have on hand, just limit the cooked add-ins (veggies & sausage) to about 2 cups total so they don’t overtake the frittata.