2 C butternut squash
2 C Brussels sprouts
1 T avocado oil
1 C fresh or frozen cranberries (not dried)
½ C pepitas (raw or toasted)
1 C quinoa
1 ¾ C water
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Dice butternut squash ½” cubes and halve brussels sprouts. Drizzle with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for ~25-30 min, stir or shake pan halfway through.
- Rinse quinoa well in a fine-mesh strainer. Cook on the stovetop with 1 ¾ C water ~15 min. Do not stir, leave the lid on. Remove from heat and place paper towel between pot and lid, let sit for few minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Remove veggies from the oven but use the same hot sheet pan to heat cranberries for ~3-5 minutes (if frozen, you do not need to defrost first).
- Arrange veggies, cranberries, and pepitas over the base of quinoa.
- Finish with balsamic or tahini drizzle.
Can sub any veggies or other nuts and seeds for pepitas. Also great with avocado or topped with grilled chicken